This Policy describes the types of personal information we collect through the Site and how that personal information may be used and/or with whom it may be shared. This Policy also describes how you can reach us to update your personal information, access and control the use of the personal information, or get answers to questions you may have about our privacy practices at this Site. Please read this Policy carefully, because by accessing and using this Site you are acknowledging that you understand and agree to the terms of this Policy. In addition, please review our Terms of Service, which governs your use of this Site. Your use of the Site, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. Our Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
This Policy is designed to assist you in understanding how your personal information is collected, used, and shared when you visit, use, and/or make a purchase from the Site, or otherwise contact us. Your use of the Site signifies your agreement to be bound by both this Policy and our Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the terms of this Policy or the Terms of Service, please do not visit the Site or provide any information to us.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information directly from you when you request information from us, purchase a product, post comments or reviews, or otherwise interact with the Site. The type of information that we collect from you depends on your particular interaction with the Site, and may include your: e-mail address, name, address and/or telephone number. Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card and checking account information), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.” You also may choose to provide us with demographic information, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites.
If you choose to log into our services through Facebook Connect, we will request your permission to collect the following information about you: your e-mail address, name, profile picture, cover photo, friends, gender, networks (e.g., school), age range, language, country, and other information that you have chosen to make public. We may append this information to other information that we collect about you. If you “like” us on Facebook, we also may collect your email address.
When you visit the Site, we and our third-party service providers automatically collect certain information about your Device, including information about your web browser (such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version, and Internet browser type and version), IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your Device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we and our third-party service providers collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.” We and our third-party service providers collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. “Cookies” also refers to Flash Local Storage Objects, which differ from traditional browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
When you refer a person to Jetson, we will ask for that person’s name and contact information. We will use the information provided to communicate your sharing request to them, and we will let your contact know that you requested the communication. By participating in a referral program or by choosing to share information with another person, you confirm that the person has given you consent for us to communicate with him or her. The person you referred may contact us to request that we remove this information from our database by contacting us as specified below in the “Contact Us” section.
From time to time, we may hire third-party data aggregators to provide us additional information about our existing consumers (this is known as “data appending”). We may also receive information from third party co-sponsors who we may occasionally partner with to run special contests or other promotions. We may also receive information about consumers when we acquire other companies.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The following paragraphs describe the various purposes and features for which we might collect and use your Personal Information, and the different types of information that might be collected from you through the different methods described above:
- Account Maintenance and Customer Service. We may use your Personal Information to maintain your accounts with us, including administering any consumer loyalty or rewards programs that are associated with your account, as well as to provide you consumer service, including responses to your inquiries.
- Consumer Engagement. We may collect and use your Personal Information to get you more actively engaged with our products and services (including the Site), thereby increasing overall brand engagement and awareness. This mostly involves the collection, use, and publication of consumer-generated content, profile information, promotional activity, engagement with the Site and digital content.
- Promotions. We may collect and use your Personal Information to administer a contest, sweepstakes, giveaway, competition, or other similar marketing campaign or promotion. These events typically require the collection and use of personal contact information (for prize fulfilment), demographic information (for eligibility determination), and, in some instances, consumer-generated content. Some of our promotions may be run on third-party social networks such as Facebook and Instagram. To comply with legal requirements, we may publish or share a limited amount of personal information (such as name and city of residence) about the winners of a particular promotion. For more information about our contests and other promotions, please see the official rules or details posted with each promotion.
- Marketing Communications. We may collect and use your Personal Information to send you marketing communications, such as email, text messages, and postal mailings. We may also show you marketing communications on other websites, including on social media sites where you are a member, by matching activities or information collected on our websites with those collected on third party sites (“Targeted Advertising”). These communications are designed to inform you about the latest Jetson news, events, special offers, and products. On occasion, these communications may also inform you about offers and promotions from other third-party companies. Sending you marketing communications generally requires the collection and use of certain personal contact information and demographic information. In some instances, this could involve the use of your precise geo-location, which may allow us to send you location-based offers and promotions. You can opt-out from receiving marketing-related email communications or text messages by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in each such communication. If you have an account with us, you may be given the option to change your communication preferences under the relevant edit-account section of the Site (if available) or by contacting Customer Service. Changing these preferences would also remove you from our lists for future Targeted Advertising. You may also visit social media sites where you are a member to explore optout options they may provide for Targeted Advertising. Please note that even if you opt out from receiving marketing communications, you may still receive administrative communications from us, such as order confirmations, notifications about your account activities and other important announcements. You may also still see generic ads on other websites, including on social media sites where you are a member.
- Third-Party Social Networking. We may collect and use your Personal Information when you interact with third-party social networking features such as Instagram, “Facebook Connect” or “Facebook Like”. These features may be integrated in our sites or applications for the purposes of running contests, allowing you to share content with friends, or other stated purposes. If you use these features, we may have the ability to obtain certain information about you from your social networking profile. You can learn more about how these features work, and the profile data we may obtain about you, by visiting the website of the relevant third-party social network.
- Website Improvement and Personalization. We may collect and use your Personal Information to improve and personalize your experience on our websites and applications. This is typically done through automated tracking technologies that collect and remember certain account login information, technical information, and/or previous website usage information. For example, we might remember your login ID/email address or screen name so you can quickly login the next time you visit our site or so you can easily retrieve the items you previously placed in your shopping cart. Based on this type of information, we may also show you specific Jetson content or promotions that are tailored to your interests.
- Referral Features. We may request and use your Personal Information, so you can use referral or website viral features, such as our tell-a-friend features. These features allow you to easily share certain news, product information, promotions, wish list items, or other content with family members and friends. These features typically require the collection and use of personal contact information (such as names and email addresses) so that the selected one-time message or content can be delivered to the proper recipients. In some cases (for example, as part of a refer-a-friend program), we may store the information so we can track and reward consumers for their successful referrals. For tell-a-friend or other viral features administered by third-party social networks (such as Facebook’s “Share” and “Like” features), please refer to the website of the relevant social network for additional information.
- Order Fulfilment. We collect and use your Personal Information to process and ship your orders, and to inform you about the status of your orders. This could involve the collection and use of certain personal contact information, payment information, account login information, and/or other information related to your purchase (such as products ordered). This could also involve the ongoing storage of your payment information to allow for easier checkout on future purchases.
- Other General Purposes. We may collect and use your Personal Information for other general business purposes, such as to maintain the day-to-day operation and security of the Site, to conduct internal marketing and demographic studies, and to improve our products, tailor them to your needs, and come up with new product ideas.
We invite you to participate in our online community. If you choose to post a comment, your user name, city, and any other information that you choose to post will be visible to all visitors to the Site. We are not responsible for the privacy of any information that you choose to post to the Site, including in our blogs and reviews, or for the accuracy of any information contained in those postings. Any information that you disclose becomes public information. We cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law or your personal privacy.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use other service providers, such as Google Analytics, Recharge, Hub Spot, Sound Commerce, and Praxis Metrics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. We are not responsible for the collection, use or disclosure of information collected through those third-party websites and expressly disclaim any liability related to such collection, use or disclosure. We are not responsible for any information or content contained on such sites.
We also may share your information, including your personal information, for the following reasons:
- Business Transfers. We may sell or buy other businesses or entities. In such event, we may transfer or assign the information we have collected as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In such transactions, your Personal Information may be included in the transferred business assets.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy.
- Aggregate and Anonymized Information. We may share aggregate or anonymized information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes. For example, if we display advertisements on behalf of a third party, we may share aggregate, demographic information with that third party about the users to whom we displayed the advertisements.
- Partner Promotions. From time to time, we may share your contact information with other brands in our portfolio. If you do not want your information to be collected by or shared with a company other than ours, you may opt-out at any time by contacting us as specified below in the “Contact Us” section. We will seek to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with Targeted Advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work. Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Because there currently is not an industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals, we do not respond to them at this time.
LOCATION OF SITE
Our Site is operated from and hosted on servers located in the United States. If you access and use our website from a location outside of the United States, any Personal Information you provide to us or that is otherwise collected may be transferred to and processed in the United States or any other jurisdiction in our sole discretion. Users of our Site should be aware that the laws that apply to the use and protection of personal data in the United States or other countries or jurisdictions to which we transfer, or in which we process, personal data may differ from those of your country of residence. Users who access or use our Apps from jurisdictions outside of the United States do so at their own choice and risk and are solely responsible for compliance with local law. While we take steps to safeguard your personal data, the United States has NOT been deemed by the European Commission to ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data. Accordingly, the level of protection provided in the United States or other non-EU countries and jurisdictions from which you may access our Site may not be as stringent as that under EU data protection standards or the data protection laws of some other countries, possibly including your home jurisdiction.
If we are processing your Personal Information on behalf of another party, your Personal Information is transferred across borders to the United States or to other countries or jurisdictions in which we or our third-party associates may process personal data through the use of Standard Contract Clauses.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write us at: 401 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 3300, Chicago, Illinois, 60611. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by these California privacy rights requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year.
We will keep all personal information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes described in this Policy.
We take commercially reasonable precautions and have implemented commercially reasonable technical measures to protect against the risks of unauthorized access to, erroneous disclosure of, and unlawful interception of Personal Information submitted via the Site or otherwise collected or possessed by us. However, your email transmissions and/or other communications containing Personal Information may be unlawfully intercepted or accessed by third parties and/or the Site may be subject to hostile network attacks or administrative errors. We do not guarantee the security of any information transmitted over the Internet. Once we receive your Personal Information, we take commercially-reasonable steps to limit access to your Personal Information to only those employees and service providers whom we determine need access to the Personal Information to provide the requested products, services, offers or opportunities that may be of interest to you. However, even after we receive your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that your Personal Information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed as a result of a breach of our commercially-reasonable efforts or as a result of any other event beyond our reasonable control. Accordingly, we cannot and do not guarantee that your Personal Information is completely secure and safe from such risks. For the avoidance of doubt, we expressly disclaim any representation or warranty, whether express or implied, with respect to ensuring, guaranteeing or otherwise offering any definitive promise of security in connection with your Personal Information or Device Information.
Our Site is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the Site, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail at: 401 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 3300, Chicago, Illinois, 60611.